Are you seeking a pea-free meal for your pooch? You’re not alone! Many owners want to get their hands on excellent dog food that doesn’t contain peas and other legumes, but finding one that meets this criterion may prove to be a real difficulty.
Don’t worry! We’ll help you locate a pea-free dog food below & explain why this is becoming a major concern for many owners.
Why Would Owners Want a Dog Food That Doesn't Include Peas or Legumes?
So, why would you want to eliminate peas or beans in your pet's diet in the first place? The explanation may be boiled down to a few important points:
- They are just unappealing to your dog. Some dogs are very finicky eaters that refuse to eat peas or lentils. If this describes your pet, you'll want to look for a pea-free option. There are a variety of doggy diets available that are free of peas and beans and will hopefully offer your mutt a meal he enjoys.
- Your dog suffers from food allergies or intolerances. While food allergies are difficult to diagnose, you may have seen your dog reacting negatively to pea-based meals or have received a formal diagnosis of your dog's food allergy. These dogs may need hypoallergenic dog food in certain circumstances, while switching to such a pea-free kibble may suffice in others.
- You're concerned about dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM). Peas may be a contributing factor in canine heart disease, according to Tufts University research. The research largely looked at grain-free meals for dogs, suggesting that peas or legumes may be the problem. As a result, many dog owners are now avoiding peas and beans in their dog's diet.
The 6 Best Dog Foods for Dogs Who Don't Like Peas or Legumes
Without any further ado, here are a few of our favorite dog food recipes that are free of peas and beans. Before switching your dog to a new diet, be sure to consult with your veterinarian.
1. Nom Nom
About: Nom Nom is a quality fresh food that is little processed and likely to please your pet buddy. These meals are delivered fresh-frozen to your home and are tailored to your dog's Nom Nom profile.
- Tailored to your dog's weight, age, breed, & level of activity
- A board-certified veterinary nutritionist created this recipe.
- Delivered frozen and fresh to your door
- Nom Nom is created in the United States using ingredients supplied from the United States.
- Sourced and packaged in a sustainable manner
2. Nutro Natural Choice Dog Food is number two on the list.
About: Looking for just a pea-free, high-protein kibble for your dog? Nutro Natural Choice might be just what you're looking for! This meal will keep your dog well-fed and happy while also delighting his palette since it contains genuine chicken, nutritious grains, and lots of vitamin-packed fruit and veg.
- The first component is real, entire flesh (in this instance, chicken).
- Many owners like the fact that it is free of maize, wheat, and soy.
- Ingredients are non-GMO.
- Formulated for puppies over the age of one year.
- There's a lot of fiber in this recipe to help you have a healthy digestive system.
3. Rachel Ray's Low-Intensity Diet
About: This lamb and brown grain kibble from Rachel Ray is certainly worth considering if you're looking for a legume- & pea-free meal that won't break the wallet. This dog food is created in the United States and does not include any legumes of any type. It also does not contain maize, wheat, or soy.
- This dog chow is produced with lamb meal and has no corn, wheat, or soy.
- This food's larger kibble size makes it suited for medium to big dogs.
- Taurine and important vitamins have been added to help your canine buddy.
- This kibble is manufactured in the United States of America.
- Choose from five different bag sizes: five, six, twelve, fourteen, twenty-four, twenty-eight.
4. Purina Pro Plan Savor is number four on the list
About: Grain-free canned meals are hard to come by, but Purina Pro Plan is one of the rare exceptions to the rule. This protein-rich canned food is created in the United States and is suited for dogs of all sizes. It has no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives, and is a perfect option for most adult dogs.
- A unique grain-free wet food alternative
- Purina-owned plants manufacture this product in the United States.
- Whole lean chicken is the first component.
- All breed sizes are suitable.
- For energetic dogs, a high-protein diet is ideal.
5. Health and Happiness
About: Whole turkey, spinach, and additional vitamins are included in this grain-free dried food from Wellness to help your dog feel his best. The entire canned meal may be eaten on its own or added to your dog's dry food to make it more appealing.
- This meal is created in North America and is high in turkey protein.
- Antioxidants and vitamins are included in the formula to help your pet stay healthy.
- This moist cuisine may be served as a main course or as a garnish.
- There is no wheat, corn, soy, or chemical preservatives in this product.
- Most dogs will like this turkey-heavy meal.
6. Natural Harmony L.I.D. (Low-Intensity Disruption)
About: Pet owners looking for a pea- and legume-free diet intended for dogs with stomach sensitivities and food allergies will love this restricted ingredient pet food from Natural Balance. This dish uses full-grain brown rice as a single protein source, which pleases owners concerned about the link between grain-free diets and dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM).
- This fiber-rich dish aids with digestion.
- For energetic puppies, this is an excellent source of protein.
- This limited ingredient dog food (LID) is free of maize, wheat, and soy.
- Medium to big dogs will benefit from huge kibble.
- You may choose from 12-, 14-, 26-, and 28-pound bags.