Are you willing to give a vegan pet food recipe a try? Vegan meals are popular among people, so you may be wondering whether your dog can follow suit. Yes, as long as you've got your pet is receiving enough protein as well as other nutrients.
Are you willing to give a vegan pet food recipe a try? Vegan meals are popular among people, so you may be wondering whether your dog can follow suit. Yes, as long as you ensure sure the pet is receiving enough protein & other nutrients.
Continue reading to discover some of our favorite vegan & vegetarian pet food recipes! When it comes to learning how to create homemade vegan dog chow, whether you want to prepare a butter feast or even a tofu scramble, the following ideas have you covered.
Vegan Pet Food Recipes: Ten Handmade Vegan Pet Food Recipes
1. Vegan Dog Food Recipe with Peanut Butter and Vegetables
This recipe for dog chow is simple to create and contains no animal products! Peanut butter is high in protein, and veggies like sweet potatoes, carrots, and zucchini will appeal to your dog.
- 2 to 3 potatoes, skin on and cut lengthwise
- 2-3 Zucchinis or Yellow Squash, skin intact, ends cut off, sliced in 2-inch pieces
- 6-8 carrot, skin on, halved, or quartered
- peanut butter (two tablespoons) (Max loves creamy)
- 1 drained can of peas
- halfway with water
- then add the potatoes
- zucchinis and carrots
- Set the timer for 20 minutes on high pressure, then release the steam
- Set aside.
2. Dog food with tofu and black-eyed peas
Tofu, vitamin pills, sunflower oil, rice, & black-eyed peas are all included in this meal, which is high in protein. This is a unique dog-friendly dish!
- 1 1/2 cup tofu,
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp sunflower oil cup cooked eyed peas
- 4 tbsp. AzestforVitamins
- To help digestion, boil dried beans for 3 minutes
- then soak about 1 hour before proceeding to cook
3. Gourmet Dog Food Made with Lentils and Vegetables
To create a strange — but delicious — vegetarian dog chow, lentils, applesauce, and basic veggies like kale are combined with exotic ingredients such as seaweed, flax seeds, & nutritional yeast.
- 5 cup red lentils (optional)
- 1 cup of soaked brown lentils
- Twelve cup grain, brown rice, quinoa, and steel-cut oats (or a combination of these grains)
- 8 quarts of distilled water
- cut into little pieces a 1 inch (or larger) piece of wakame seaweed
- 1 sweet potato or 2 big carrots, grated or coarsely diced 1 sweet potato or 2 large carrots
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, as well as a pinch of black pepper, are all you need.
- 4 cups of kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chickpeas or even other cooked beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 12 cup toasted flaxseeds, ground
- 12 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- Coconut oil (or other oil) in quantities of two or more teaspoons
- Soak these items in a big saucepan filled with lots of water for 1 – ten hours, and drain. Return it to the pan & add the other ingredients.
- Bring all mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer/cook over 30 – 40 minutes, partly covered (until soft)
- Remove the pan from the heat, uncover it, & stir in the following options:
- Allow the meal to cool completely before storing it in quart-sized containers, three of which should be frozen and one should be kept in the refrigerator
4. Dog Food Made with Vegetables and Brown Rice in Minutes
This vegetarian dog chow recipe is easy to make since it calls for just a few basic ingredients. Our favorite part, though, is how simple it can be to freeze or later use!
- This recipe includes chopped sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound dry lentils of any kind
- 4 cups brown rice that has been cooked
- 3-4 cups greens, such as chard, kale, broccoli, or anything similar, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup nut butter (peanut)
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with cold water and add the peeled and sliced sweet potatoes. Cook till the potatoes is soft, about 30 minutes. Remove the sweet potatoes from the water and place them in a large mixing dish to cool. Continue to cook with water inside the pan.
- Cooking the lentils in the same water as the sweet potatoes is a good idea. If more water is required, add it until the lentils are covered by approximately 2 inches of water.
- Make sure to steam your lettuce and other green veggies until they are completely tender. Combine with the potatoes in a large mixing basin.
- Sweet potatoes & greens should be mashed together. As long as the mixture remains warm, add some peanut butter and completely combine everything.
- As soon as the lentils are cooked through and the water has been absorbed, combine them with the sweet potato & vegetable mixture. Make a thorough stir.
- Brown rice should be combined with the other ingredients in a large mixing dish.
- Fill silicone muffin tins halfway with the mixture & place in the freezer for a few hours or overnight to set. After they've been frozen, remove them from the freezer and place them in freezer bags.
5. Recipe for Cassy's Dog Food
Cassy, a loving rescue dog, served as the inspiration for this meal. Her favorite homemade dog chow has quinoa, tofu, & garbanzo beans, among other ingredients, and can be prepared in only 20 minutes!
- 6 cups of distilled or filtered water
- 3 34 cups pure Indian basmati rice (about)
- 12 cups of pure red quinoa (raw or cooked)
- Organic mixed veggies in a 16-ounce bag, frozen from organic sources.
- nutritious yeast (one-fourth cup)
- 12 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- a quarter cup of extra-virgin olive oil and sunflower oil
- Natural firm tofu, crumbled 15-ounce can natural black beans, drained 15-ounce can natural garbanzo beans, drained 1 teaspoon salt 20-ounce package pure firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 and a half tablespoons Vegedog is a dietary supplement.
- To begin, bring a big soup pot of water to a boil. Combine the rice and quinoa in a large mixing bowl
- Cook until the rice and quinoa are done, covered, over low heat for about 15 minutes
- Remove the heat from the room
- Cover the saucepan with a lid once more to allow the frozen veggies to steam for a few minutes
- Allow 10 minutes of resting time. Mix in any extra ingredients as desired